For labor day weekend last year we took a trip to the Hamptons with 16 of our friends from New York and various countries, aka Australia. It was my first time being there and I already can’t wait to go back : ) We were planning on it being a beach going weekend but the weather turned out to be a loooot colder than it usually is in the summer, with the high at a wopping 65 degrees, haha. Even though we had to wear jeans instead of bikinis, there was still a ton of fun things to do and we had a blast! Here are some of the things to do and places to eat in East Hampton, Montauk, and Amagansett.
-Shopping in downtown East Hampton, whoa expensive, and wow v cute. Even if you don’t buy anything, the little town is really pretty and worth a walk around even just for window shopping!
– Work out at one of the very hampton-y studios such as Soul Cycle, Physic 57, Barry’s Bootcamp, or one of the 100 yoga studios in the area and grab a juice afterwards! This is the closest to being like Gwyneth or Hilaria that you will ever be.
– Stop by Bhumi Farms for some fresh produce and flowers, and let’s face it, take the best instagram post of your trip because this organic farm stand is crazy cute.
– Spend an afternoon picnicking and sipping some of my very favorite wine, appropriately named “Summer In A Bottle”, at Wolffer Estate Vineyard.
– Grab coffee at The Squeezery (Alec Baldwin was getting coffee there the morning we went, just saying.) and take a morning walk on the beach, collect some stellar seashells, and check out the amazing seaside mansions that line the beach!
-Go to the Surf Lodge, not only for dinner and drinks, but for one of the summer concerts in the evening (we saw “Oh Wonder”!). The sun sets right behind the stage and it’s got all the makings for a perfect evening (make sure to secure reservations or tickets!). Also, Lo Bosworth was there looking exactly like you think she does.
– This goes without saying, if the weather permits, spend as much time on the beach that you can! Grabbing a lobster roll at the Clam Bar and drinks on the beach at Navy Beach after an afternoon baking in the sun!
Also, if you’re going with a group, renting a house is the way to go. BUT if you’re going with a SO, the dream is to stay at Gurney’s or Surf Lodge in Montauk. : )